Working Group Affiliations & Service
Editorial & Reviewer Service
- Guest Editor, 2009-2010. Geomorphology (journal): Special Issue on ‘Multi-Scale Feedbacks in Ecogeomorphology’
- Panelist, 2009. National Science Foundation, Cyber-Enabled Discovery and Innovation Program
- Proposal Reviewer, 2005- Present.
- National Science Foundation
- United States Geological Survey
- California Bay-Delta Authority
- United States Fish and Wildlife Service
- Ad-hoc Peer Reviewer, 2003- Present. Multiple journals, edited volumes, agency reports. Journals include:
- Environmental Management
- Earth Surface Processes and Landforms
- Freshwater Biology
- Hydrological Processes
- Journal of Applied Geodesy
- Journal of the American Water Resources Association
- Journal of Geophysical Research - Earth Surface
- Journal of Hydrology
- Journal of Soils and Sediments
- Journal of River Basin Management
- River Research & Applications
- San Francisco Estuary and Watershed Science Journal
- Transactions of American Society of Agricultural Engineers
- Water Resources Research
Departmental Service & Administration
College Service & Administration
University Service & Administration
- Space Committee (2018 - Present). QCNR representative on USU Space Committee (functions)
- Field Safety Committee (2018 - Present). QCNR representative on USU Field Safety Committee (safety policy)
- Search Committee (2016-2017). External member for search for cluster hire in Water in Civil and Environmental Engineering (3 positions).
- Water Initiative Spring Runoff Conference – Organizing Committee (2012) – In my service on this committee I helped shape what was a successful 2012 Spring Runoff Conference. I was specifically responsible for bringing in our keynote speaker (Gary Brierley from New Zealand), organizing the evening reception at the Logan River Country Club, and organizing the poster session.
- USU Facilities – Moab Master Plan Committee (2011)– I was invited to serve on this committee because of my experience with sustainable land use planning and environmental design. The committee reviewed four proposals from architectural firms and environmental consultants to undertake the design work for a new Moab USU campus. The committee ranked the proposals and submitted our recommendations. We will review the campus designs after the successful consulting firms prepare them to focus on their sustainability and environmental sensitivity.
- Accredited River Styler Status, 2014, Macquarie University
- American Institute of Hydrology, 2003, Certified Hydrologist in Training (HIT)
- CPESC #2594, 2003, Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control, Inc.
- American Association of Geographers, Since 2007, Professional Member
- American Fisheries Society, Since 2011, Professional Member
- American Geophysical Union, Since 2001, Member, Hydrology Section and Earth & Planetary Surface Processes Focus Group
- British Society for Geomorphology, Since 2003, Member
- International Erosion Control Association, 1998 – 2008, Associate Member
- Geologic Society of America, Since 2010, Professional Member